Pages

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Metal Craft Workshop-By Isabell

Metal craft Workshop

Image result for pewter block
Pewter
We finally got to go to technicraft at Tamaki College last week. The project us year 7's are going to start is  metal craft with Mr Grundy in his workshop. I had so much fun with him and we all learned things about pewter and metal. What he did with the pewter was melt it into an electric stove. We also learned about safety tips. 

What did I learn?
What I learned was when a person is melting pewter you have to be at least a metre back. When melting pewter, pewter can be twice as hot as boiling water. I also learnt new words like silhouette and recipient.

3 comments:

  1. That was interesting, I own some pewter mugs and a vase, I am glad that I didn't have to melt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was interesting, I own some pewter mugs and a vase, I am glad that I didn't have to melt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased that you are able to state what you have learnt in the lessons. When I was in Year 7 and 8 girls did not do hard tech, so I know you will learn skills I was never given the chance to.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.